Turkish authorities, part of the army in favor of the status quo and the judiciary want to conceal those responsible for the assassination of Hrant Dink, former chief editor of an Istanbul-based bilingual daily Agos, reports local Turkish news agency ANF, citing the Dink family’s lawyers Fethiye Cetin and Gurai Dag.
Mentioning that the revelation of those responsible for the killing of Hrant Dink is hampered both by political authorities and judicial system, Cetin said that the case has been sent to the European Court of Human Rights, and they are waiting now for an answer.
Dag in turn said that the court wants to close down the case as soon as possible.
“What they want is to sentence the three suspects and in that way close down the case without disclosure of the main [people] responsible.”
Further ANF mentions that the next court hearing on Dink’s case will take place on July 12.
Three and a half year has passed now since the killing of Dink, but no serious progress has been made so far.